What a wonderful and busy day we had yesterday! Here is one of our favorite pictures from yesterdays benefit walk. Have a wonderful Sunday! Go Vikes!
What a beautiful day for a photo session. Thank you so much to Laura Penning Photography for a great day. You know you have a great photographer when she takes off her shoes and socks and joined Spencer in the creek to capture the perfect shot. Can’t wait to see the finished results!
Overall Spencer is a well-behaved, charming and easy dog. However, that does not mean he does not have his ‘quirks.’ He also has some anxiety and separation issues. I’ve tried many products to help manage those issues. I came across the Calming Collar in a magazine and reached out to see if Spencer would benefit from it.
|(Image retrieved from the Calming Collar website)|
The Calming Collar is a customized cloth collar filled with a blend of natural herbs. The combination of these herbs help your dog with different issues. It is easy to use. All you need to do is clip it around your dog’s neck (as you would a collar), adjust the straps and let the aromatherapy do its work.
The Calming Collar offers three different collars to target three different target issues: Calm Me Down, Good to go, and Too Cool. In this review I will be focusing on the Calm Me Down Collar.
- Separation anxiety
- Fear of thunderstorms and other bad weather
- Fireworks or other loud noises
- Stress and stressful situations such as going to the groomers
- Excessive barking
- So much more!
Other facts about the collar:
- If the collar is worn 24/7, the herbs will last 3 to 4 months. If only used a few hours a day or less, it could last up to a year.
- It comes with a sealed bag you can store your collar when it is not in use.
- Surface clean only with damp cloth.
- You can choose from over 40 different fabrics.
- The adjustable buckles are nice since Spencer’s hair grows and it can be adjusted accordingly.
- A variety of different fabric chooses to chose from to fit you and your dog’s personalities.
- All natural herbs, no oils or chemicals.
- Wonderful communication with the company!
- At first this collar’s aroma is strong, if you are sensitive to smells that maybe an initial concern.
- It comes with a informational sheet, I wish they would include how long the collar last and if it is okay for them to sleep with it. (This information is on their website.)