It’s the most wonderful time of the year……that means time to visit Santa.
Here are 12 tips to think about if you plan to visit Santa with you dog(s):
- Know Your Dog
- You know your dog the best. If they don’t like strangers, it might not be the best idea to visit Santa.
- Before your trip to see Santa, bring you dog to the dog park, go on a long walk, or have a play date come over. This way they they can burn off some energy before see the big guy.
- Check and see if you can reserve a spot ahead of time and/or if you can pay ahead of time. This well save you time waiting in long lines and time at the checkout counter.
- Where to Enter
- Most malls are not dog friendly. Make sure you check ahead of time that you enter the designated entrance to the mall.
- Dress Accordingly
- Add a fun bandanna, bow tie or flower to you pup to make them festive.
- Be Prepared
- Bring treats and/or a squeaky toy to get your dog’s attention when taking pictures. Some places may not provide them, so it’s best to go there prepared.
- Have your dog go to the bathroom before entering the building. Nothing is worse that having to ask for supplies to clean up after your dog.
- Have Fun
- This is suppose to be a fun, memorable adventure with your dog. Don’t stress, go with the flow and have fun.
- Not all Santa’s are Alike
- Some Santa’s may not be as comfortable around strange dogs or worried about having to “control” them. Help him out, be patient, and give him tips if possible.
- Arrive Early
- Try to get there as close to the start time as possible. You don’t know how many others will be waiting in line and how fast or slow the line will move.
- Show off your special photo!
- Special Treat
- Afterwards, consider getting your dog a special treat! We went to Starbucks afterwards and got a puppacinno! 🙂
For more tips on taking your dog to see Santa check out Dog Mom Days!
Are you planning on bringing your dog(s) to see Santa? I would love to know where you go!