What a wonderful, much needed Sunday fun day. Every couple of months we – as in my mom, sister and aunt (also my mom’s sister) – try to have a girls day/weekend, which I like to call, “Our mother, daughter, sister, aunt day.” In the past we have gone to a Murder Mystery Dinner, participated in the Polar Plunge, spent the weekend in the Cities shopping, and spent the day making lefse. A month ago at a farm festival I won four Renaissance tickets. And who else would I take than my girls?!
Long before Spencer inspired this blog, he was hard at work helping, encouraging and supporting a website called History By Zim.
History By Zim’s purpose is to explore the many people and events that were left out of your history classes.
History By Zim has a series entitled “Animals in War” that honors the lives of military animals. Throughout the decades, animals have played a major role in our military efforts around the world. Rarely do we hear their stories or the impact they have made. History By Zim celebrates their lives and careers.
You can check out the series here by clicking this link: http://www.historybyzim.com/series/animals-in-war/.
If you thought the diary of a sad dog was funny, check out the diary of a sad cat. It is a purrrrrfect video that represents our cat, Callie’s personality.
- Avoid green eyes by not using the flash.
- Take pictures at your dog’s level.
- Be creative with you environment/props.
- Experiment with different ways to get your dog’s attention.
- Use a continuous shooting mode whenever possible.
- The best photos are when your dog is completely relaxed and just being a dog
- Try to be as patient as possible.
- Your dog shouldn’t always be in the center of the photo.
- Be outside in natural light whenever possible.
- Pay your dog when you are done with a rewarding treat.
Parents: Mom (Reno)-Golden Retriever, Dad-Standard Poodle
Birthday: January 2008
Hair: Golden with natural wave
Height: 2 feet 6 inches tall on all fours
Weight: 65 lbs of pure muscle and fluff
Interest: He likes long walks anywhere, loves belly rubs, and is obsessed with his toys.
Dislikes: His gentle leader, going to the groomer and watching dogs on tv who he can’t play with.
Goals in Life: To bring a smile to everyone he meets.